Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It’s a gun no it’s a bow no it’s a Crossbow



So I was shooting of the crossbow the other day and began to wonder who thought of this crazy idea anyways. So once again same drill Google knows all, I found that the crossbow was originally from china. It was made so that the archer could take more time to aim with less fatigue. Another interesting thing was they upsized there crossbow idea and made it into a siege weapon they even created a repeating crossbow. However the crossbow I was shooting looked nothing like the crossbow of the Chinese so I kept on my search to find out where some of the features of mine came from. The foot brace actually originally came from a Greek weapon called the Gastrophes “Belly Bow” in which the soldier would put his foot into a stirrup and draw the bow back into its lock position. The only feature that mine had that the Gastrophes didn’t, other than the obvious material upgrades, was a rifle style grip. I looked it up and the grip didn’t come about until the 20th century when people tried to make the crossbow feel more like firing a firearm.

No comments:

Post a Comment